Young swimmers who wish to join a competitive swimming club for the first time will be invited to attend one of our New Member Trials held once a term in September, January and April. All applicants must be at least six years old at the time of the trial.
Applicants should have reached a minimum standard equivalent to that of Stage 7 of the British Gas ASA Learn to Swim Programme. They must:
- be able to swim 25m each of the three strokes with basic technique
- be able to swim legs only with efficient leg action for Front Crawl, Back Crawl and Breaststroke
- be capable of doing a variety of other skills:
- jump in the water and climb out unaided
- perform a surface dive
- swim 5m underwater
- forward somersault from a push and glide
- scull both head-first and feet first
Swimmers who will be ten years or older during the year of the trial will demonstrate each stroke to an efficient standard over a distance of 50m.
It is important to remember that places might be limited and that the decision of the Club Coach as to the suitability of any applicant for membership will be final.
You can find out more information on the next New Members Trial here
Click here for an application form.
TRANSFERRING FROM ANOTHER SWIMMING CLUB
Swimmers seeking to join outside of the new member entry trials process will be put on a waiting list, and when a squad has capacity they will be invited to trial.
MASTERS, WATER POLO, OPEN WATER, SYNCHRO & LIFESAVING
If you're interested in joining one of our other disciplines, please check our Contacts page and email the relevant liaison for full information and application details.