Sevenoaks Swimming Club aims to promote swimming, water polo, synchronised swimming, lifesaving and general fitness through the support, encouragement and fun of group activities.
The Club’s main objective is for participants to develop a lifelong love of swimming and/or other aquatic disciplines. In addition they will learn and demonstrate a high level of self esteem, a sense of responsibility, teamwork, respect, trust, honesty and good sportsmanship - and will be self-motivated to strive to reach their individual potential both in and out of the pool.
To achieve this Sevenoaks Swimming Club:
- promotes the love of swimming and other aquatic disciplines through hard work, balanced within a fun and motivating environment.
- seeks to draw members from all facets of the community.
- encourages participants to be successful at their chosen level.
- guides motivated and capable participants to new levels of achievement.
- promotes health by encouraging behaviours that build body, mind and spirit.
and accomplishes this by:
- providing the best level of instruction, training and competition for each participant, from novice to expert.
- providing opportunities for positive social interaction and emotional growth.
- promoting continuing profession development for its teaching/coaching staff.
- providing education/training and guidance to parents and volunteers.
- relating to the community the values of competitive aquatic disciplines.
- collaborating with local and national accrediting bodies.