- At competitions, whether they are open, club or national events, all swimmers are expected to behave in a manner that shows respect to your club, coach, officers and team mates as well as the members of other competing clubs at all times.
- You will be required to attend events and galas that the head coach (or your squad coach) has entered / selected you for, unless previously arranged.
- You will be required to wear Sevenoaks kit poolside & wear appropriate swimwear when competing.
- You should report to your coach and/or team manager upon arrival.
- You should arrive in plenty of time to be prepared for warm up and sign in /out as per the requirements of the meet.
- You should warm up before your event as directed by your coach / team manager to ensure you are fully prepared for your race.
- Be part of the TEAM! Stay with the team poolside. If you have to leave the poolside for any reason, inform and obtain consent before doing so. This is important so, in the case of an emergency evacuation, the coach(es) and / or team manager can account for ALL swimmers.
- After your race, report to your coach for feedback.
- SUPPORT YOUR TEAM MATES! Everyone likes to be supported and they will be supporting you!
- Swim down after the race as instructed by your coach. Your behaviour in the swim down facilities should be appropriate and respectful to others at all times.
- Do not leave the event until the gala is complete or you have the explicit agreement of your coach or team manager.
Please only eat healthy food poolside. Under NO circumstances should, sweets, fizzy drinks, crisps, chocolate or other junk food be eaten on poolside. If any of these items are brought poolside they will be confiscated and returned at the end of the gala.
- Ensure your child is provided with healthy appropriate food and drink for the duration of the gala.
- Ensure you allow plenty of time to arrive in time for the warm up / sign in or out.
- Encourage you child(ren) to act appropriately and within the guidelines above at all times.
- Refrain from coming poolside or into the Sevenoaks camp. This is for swimmers and coaches / team managers ONLY.
- Allow your coach to coach your child. You do not need to get involved in giving your child technical or critical feedback on their races.
- Behave responsibly as a spectator. By all means encourage them and cheer for them and their fellow competitors in a positive manner. Please do not celebrate the disqualification or injury of ANY other competitor, nor do we wish to hear of any excessive celebrations when one swimmer has beaten a ‘rival’…. whether they are a Sevenoaks swimmer or from another club. REMEMBER your child could be on the receiving end of such behaviour and it's incredibly hurtful!
- Please use appropriate language within any club environment.
- Ensure you child’s needs are met in terms of nutritional requirements as advised by the coaches.
- Most of all, help your child enjoy the sport and achieve to the best of their ability.
REMEMBER….. swimming is FUN and a HAPPY swimmer is a FAST SWIMMER!!
Sevenoaks Swimming Club Committee