As a Committee and Swimming Club we are committed to ensuring the safeguarding and wellbeing of all our swimmers. We also appreciate that our swimmers are club ambassadors whenever they compete and swim.
A number of parents, coaches and swimmers have raised the issue of appropriate swimwear during warming up and cool down poolside, training and poolside during competitions.
The club wants to be clear about the standard expected from all of our swimmers.
We have therefore introduced new guidelines and we request all swimmers adhere to:
- No swimmer is to change poolside using towels – all must return to the changing rooms.
- No female swimwear is to be rearranged to expose more of her body, nor be too low cut nor high cut on the leg.
- No removal of straps specifically of racing suits after racing. If straps need to be removed for comfort, all swimmers must ensure they have a Sevenoaks Swimming top on.
- All female swimmers to wear shorts while warming up / down poolside.
- All swimmers to wear Sevenoaks kit t-shirt when they leave poolside.
- All swimmers to wear clean and appropriate footwear around/ when they leave poolside.
Coaches have been advised of the new policy. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in a swimmer being asked to change or, if no appropriate attire is available, be requested to leave the poolside.