Late and important notices can be found here.
Sevenoaks Swimming Club is at the heart of Kent swimming and is a friendly competitive swimming organisation. We are acknowledged as one of Kent's top competitive swimming clubs - aiming to excel in all disciplines, be it competitive swimming, synchro, masters, water polo or lifesaving.
Building on our continued growth at Sevenoaks Swimming Club Minnows programme, we are now looking for talented swim instructors who are passionate about teaching swimming to young swimmers.
Our Minnows program offers Pre-Club Lessons to children who aspire to join the Club in the future. Lessons are aimed at developing good technique on all strokes. We limit our groups size to 4 young swimmers per teacher although in some case this is raised to 6. This enables the teacher to develop and improve swimmers quickly and offer first class teaching.
All teachers will work closely with the rest of the teaching team and report to Ben McDonald (Minnows Coordinator ) and Keiron Piper (Head Coach).
Working times would be Sunday afternoons and location Walthamstow Hall School pool
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Swim England Level 2 qualified swimming teacher.
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches (NRASTC) qualification
- Clean Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check - for successful applicants who not do not have a DBS we can help to arrange this
Advantageous Role Requirements:
- An understanding of swimming clubs and athlete development programmes
- Previous Club swimmer experience
- Swim Teacher with a couple of years experience of teaching
- Ability to assess and record standards achieved by children in swimming
- Ability to build positive relationships with swimmers and parents, with the ability to motivate children in the aquatic environment.
- Values - reliable, smart, committed
In return, we can offer a range of benefits
- Sevenoaks Swimming club membership
- Career development and extra hours with the club for suitable applicant.
- Ongoing training and development to help you to be the best
- Competitive pay - all pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications
This role is offered on a self-employed basis and candidates will need to submit a monthly invoice for their hours worked.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £17.00 /hour
Updated Long Course and Short Course club records have now been collated and published.
They can be accessed HERE
(Requires your web login to view)
The agreed 2019 dates (which I will communicate nearer the time) for ‘All Time’ Short / Long Course Record submissions are:
15th December after the Club Champs, and 30th of December for the end of year round up as before.