Swimmers will be training full time with coaches Matt Smithurst & Jo King.
- Total commitment to training
- Top squad swimmers need to have achieved, and regularly maintain South East Regional qualifying times.
- Training hours must be regularly met to allow all round development throughout the season. We have moved away from the weekly hours to a rolling 30 day minimum, which is now 36 hours over the period.
- Competitions - Top squad members are all here to represent the club. A place in the squad very much depends on the member's willingness to take part in the club competitions whether that be in an ‘A’ team or otherwise.
- So that swimmers are supported at galas and so they perform at the right stages of the season it is also important that we stick to our target meets. This also enables regular training hours to be maintained.
- Lateness - Any swimmer reporting late onto poolside on three separate occasions will be asked to go and get changed (three strikes and out rule). All swimmers MUST be ready to be in the pool at the stated start time. If you know you will be late, prior notice to the coaches must be made.
- There will be no toilet breaks in any hour or hour and a half sessions. Toilet breaks in any other sessions will only be permitted during scheduled breaks as stated by the coach.
- If a Top squad member leaves the pool at any time, they will be asked to leave and will not be permitted back in the pool for the remainder of the session (these hours will not be included in the monthly minimum).
- All these criteria points carry a zero tolerance policy. If any part of the criteria isn’t met - eg hours, then a warning will be given, after a third warning the swimmer will be moved to a different squad.
- Top level domestic success including Regional, Nationals and British Champs.
- To develop the disciplined practical and psychological skills necessary to train and perform at this level
- To play a mentorship role for the younger swimmers coming through the club
- British Championships
- National Championships
- Regional Championships
- County Championships
- High Standard Open Meets
- A minimum of 36 hours swimming + 4 hours land training per month to retain a position within this squad.