Swimmers will be training full time with coaches Fiona Leeson & Jon Yates.
- Total commitment to training
- Swimmers will normally be 12 years and older and have a minimum criteria (details on request) that places them within County / Regional qualification times.
- They will be selected by the Head Coach based on attitude, discipline, long-term potential, and gala performance
- Full criteria available here
- To prepare swimmers to race effectively in competition including Club Championships, leagues, open meets, county and regional competitions.
- Gold Squad swimmers will be required to enter 200 FC / MFS / and IM as priority events in meets and a full BAGCAT entry at Club Championships.
- To prepare swimmers to progress to Top Squad.
- To develop an understanding of the fundamental principles governing competitive swim training.
- To develop the ability to monitor training performance through the use of % PB times, heart rate, stroke count and rate of perceived exertion (RPE).
- Regional Championships
- County Championships
- High Standard Open Meets
- A minimum of 30 hours swimming every 4 weeks out of a total of 48 hours.